By practising an elelctric guitar regularly, you can become a master or pro of this instrument and will enhance your skills. Being able to play electric guitar with headphones is the utmost way if you are living in a crowded place or when you are travelling or want to practice at midnight. There are a plethora of ways if you want to play an electric guitar with headphones without compromising tone. If you are planning to purchase an electric guitar from some reputed guitar shops Brisbane, don’t forget to purchase a headphone as it will help you to practice silently.
Here, we are going to mention how can you play your electric guitar with headphones.
Connect your headphones to your guitar amp
Depending on the types of a guitar amp that you are using you may able to connect your headphones directly into the amp. Most of the modern electric guitar amps have a headphone out jack. Some guitar amps possess the headphones jack on the front panel while others may be on the top or back of the amp. Many modern amps are embracing the customers by providing 3.5mm headphone jacks while others use a 6.3mm output.
Some advantages of connecting headphones to your guitar amp are
· You can easily purchase an adapter if your amp requires one
· Simple and to set up
· Use your guitar in silence
Disadvantages of connecting headphones to your guitar amp:
· It will work only if your amp has a headphones output
· Not ideal for travel
Connect your guitar to a smartphone or tablet or computer
This is another exciting option for all aspirant guitarists who want to play the guitar silently or want to practice while travelling. The first you need to connect your guitar to an audio interface like the iRig HD 2, which then connects to a smartphone/tablet/PC/Mac. Then, you can connect your headphones to the device and play the guitar as per your wish.
Advantages of connecting your guitar to a smartphone:
· You can practice the guitar in silence anytime at any place
· Interfaces like the iRig HD 2 are cheap and affordable
· This is the best way to record guitar
· You can get astonishing quality tones with software like AmpliTube or BIAS FX
· No amp is required
Disadvantages of connecting your guitar to a smartphone:
· Options are limited for Android users
· You can’t play with your existing amp
Connect your guitar to a multi-effects pedal
Most modern multi-effects units possess a headphones output. If your multi-effects pedal offers some type of amp modelling, it will certainly a headphones output.
Advantages of connecting your guitar to a multi-effects pedal:
· You can access different tones and settings
· Easily portable than a guitar amp
· Able to connect to a PC/Mac for recording
Disadvantages of connecting your guitar to a multi-effects pedal:
· Not all multi-effects pedals offer headphone outputs
· This is certainly an expensive option
Connect your guitar to a micro guitar amp
This option is getting popular among guitar lovers who want to play the guitar in silence. You can easily connect these battery-powered mini amps to your headphones.
Advantages of connecting your guitar to a micro guitar amp:
· Easily portable
· You can play with or without headphones anywhere at anytime
· You don’t need adapters
· You can use Aux input to jam along with music
Disadvantages of connecting your guitar to a micro guitar amp:
· Quality is not good for some options
· You don’t have full control over guitar tones or effects
The above we mentioned how an enthusiast guitar lover can play an electric guitar with headphones.
Music440 is one of the prodigious music stores in Brisbane which embraces the customers with a wide collection of guitars. This music shop in Brisbane offers both acoustics and electric guitars at an affordable price. To know more about the shop and its product, you must visit the official website of the shop.